Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Importing Attachments to CRM

I'd been following instructions from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Blog about migrating notes and attachments but was running into an error during the actual import. The error I was getting was "The attachment file was not found" and it was happening for every attachment listed in my .csv file.

The problem in my case was that the files, and the .csv file, were on a network location. Even though I am running the DMM from a network drive (my environment has CRM application on one server and CRM database on another, and I just remove into them as needed, but have all files for the CRM project on a network location somewhere), it would not find files that were in the same network location.

Once I moved the .csv files and all the files it referenced (and I just used directory option A in the blog post linked above) it was able to import attachments just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment